The Iowa Interstate Railroad, LTD (IAIS) is a Class II regional railroad connecting Council Bluffs, IA and Chicago, IL via Des Moines, IA. The Booneville Bridge on the IAIS is a 118-year-old bridge over the Raccoon River in Iowa with a high risk of failing or going out of service in the near future. The Booneville Bridge carries approximately 42,000 carloads of freight per year.
Engineering for the Booneville Bridge Project to replace the existing structure is 100% complete as of June 11, 2018 and state and federal floodplain and wetland permitting is underway. By preventing the bridge from failing or going out of service, the Booneville Bridge Project will avoid the costly and inefficient rerouting of traffic and economic disruption in Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and points beyond. The Booneville Bridge Project is expected to generate net benefits of $24,439,852 by supporting a resilient, efficient, and safe flow of goods.
Table of Contents:
- A. Narrative
- B. Statement of Work (Available in both PDF and also MS Word format to allow FRA editing).
- C. Benefit-Cost Analysis – the Benefit-Cost Analysis in Excel format
- D. BCA Explanation – an explanation of the BCA methodology and calculations
- E. [Reserved and not used.]
- F. [Reserved and not used.]
- G. FRA’s Additional Assurances and Certifications for IAIS
- H. SF-LLL – An LLL form for IAIS
- I. FRA’s F217 – A draft categorical exclusion and supporting CE materials (Available in both PDF and also MS Word format to allow FRA editing).
- J. Roles and Responsibilities – Joint letter signed by IAIS and Iowa spelling out desired division of roles and responsibilities.
- K. Track Plans – 100% engineering track plan alignment drawings by HDR, Inc.
- L. Structural Plans – 100% engineering bridge structure plans and drawings by HDR, Inc.
- M. Engineers Cost Estimate – 100% engineering budget estimate for project prepared by HDR, Inc..
- N. Letters of Support – Letters of support including: (a) U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) (FY18); (b) U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-IA) (FY18); (c) U.S. Representative David Young (R, IA-03) (FY18); (d) The Honorable Mark Lowe, Director, Iowa Department of Transportation (FY18); (e) U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) (FY17); (f) U.S. Representative Dave Loebsack (D, IA-02) (FY17); (g) U.S. Representative David Young (R, IA-03) (FY17); (h) The Honorable Mark Lowe, Director, Iowa Department of Transportation (FY17); (i) Mr. Gregory Hibner, President, Hawkeye Gold, LLC (IAIS Customer) (FY17); and (j) Mr. Brian Cahill, President and CEO, Southwest Iowa Renewable Energy (IAIS Customer) (FY17).
- [O. reserved and not used]
- P. IAIS Track Chart – a track chart showing MP 373.00 at the project location and surrounding mileposts.
- [Q. reserved and not used]
- R. IAIS Time Table – Timetable for IAIS.
- S. Engineers Correspondence – record of correspondence between bridge raters, inspectors and IAIS engineers regarding the probabilities used in the BCA, Appendix C.
- T. Map of project location